Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Style Inspirations From The Past



For my style inspirations from the past series I will be highlighting the beautiful clothing from iconic women from the 1920's-1980's.  For todays article I decided to go with one of my favorite singers Lena Horne, who's singing and acting where breathtaking and who's style was glamorous and classy. The black dress she wore while performing in Stormy Weather is a good example of this. The dress has a plunging neckline, while not showing to much cleavage, her arms and back are covered, yet are visible through the see through material of her dress.



This beautiful evening gown is another example of  how the thin see through material makes the gown  both sensuous and classy.





I love the flowers and ribbons she would have in her hair, they always made and transformed the outfits she wore. While I love clothes, I do believe that accessories can make or break an outfit. Purple is my favorite colour and these photos are making me fall in love with the color even more.




No comments:

Post a Comment